Savory Tomato & Pea Penne
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
1 box Barilla® Penne
1 jar Barilla® Savory Tomato sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon butter
1 cup white onion, chopped
9 ounces frozen peas
Parmesan cheese for topping
Salt and black pepper to taste
(Preparation time: 30 minutes)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté onion in olive oil and butter for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, 1 cup pasta cooking water and peas. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the peas are cooked through.
- Continue cooking until sauce returns to regular consistency.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce; top with cheese.