Hearty Tomato & Basil Bisque
1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 ½ cup chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
1 ½ cup smoked mozzarella, shredded
½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups Brioche bread, small diced
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a skillet heat olive oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute over low heat.
- Add Tomato & Basil sauce and heat on low.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with parsley and cheese.