Chicken Parmesan Tenders
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
2 cups Barilla® Savory Tomato sauce
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pound chicken tenders
1 cup bread crumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup flour
½ cup fresh basil, sliced thin
Salt and black pepper to taste
(PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
- In one medium bowl, add bread crumbs.
- In a second bowl add flour and in the third bowl whisk the eggs.
- Arrange the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in that order.
- Start with the flour and dredge the chicken, place the tender into the egg mixture and coat completely then put it into the bread crumbs.
- Once you have breaded all the chicken heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil then gently lay the chicken into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- In a medium skillet heat the sauce; once the chicken is done, arrange in a baking dish and top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly on top then remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.