Cauliflower & Lentil Bolognese
12 oz. riced cauliflower
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of chopped yellow onions
1 jar of Barilla Traditional sauce
4 oz. of canned lentils
Dash of crushed red pepper
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 lb. Barilla blue box fettuccine
Chopped fresh basil and grated Parmesan for serving
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over low heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pot. Increase the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower begins to take on a light golden color.
- Pour in the Barilla Traditional sauce, lentils, and crushed red pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place the lid on top and bring the sauce to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for about 10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower is soft.
- The sauce should be thick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the Barilla fettuccine according to the package instructions.
- Serve pasta with cauliflower bolognese sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired.